Take a golfing journey with Bernard Darwin and Harry Rountree as they travel the classic courses of England, Ireland, Scotland & Wales on a trip unparalleled in golfing history. Darwin’s prose, and Rountree’s 64 watercolours, oils & charcoals will bring you back to the time when Old Tom Morris, Allan Robertson, James Braid, Edward Ray, Tom Morris, Jr., Mr. Laidlay, Bernard Sayers, Mr. Maxwell, Mr. Whitecross and others were the European standard bearers of the game.
New eBook Release Includes:
* 64 carefully restored watercolours, oils & charcoals by Harry Rountree.
* Portable Compact edition.
* Written by Bernard Darwin, noted chronicler of the game from 1900-1960.
* 264 pages completely re-set and optimized for display on ALL digital devices.
* "Interactive Gallery" displays paintings separately within iPad version.
* Foreword to 100th Year Commemorative Edition by Ben Crenshaw.
* Old world framing of lost & legendary courses.
* Bernard Darwin prose is informed by his grandfather, the naturalist Charles Darwin..
TABLE OF CONTENTS: I. London Courses (1) II. London Courses (2) III. Kent & Sussex; IV. The West and SouthWest; V. East Anglia VI. The Courses of Cheshire & Lancashire VII. Yorkshire and Midlands VIII. Oxford and Cambridge IX. A London Course, X. St. Andrews, Fife, and Forfarshire, XI. The Courses of the East Lothian and Edinburgh, XII. West of Scotland: Prestwick and Troon XIII. Ireland, XIV. Wales
Market/Audience: Markets: Golf, Golf Architects, Gift, Sports, Art
Audience: Golfers, golf course architects, golf historians, historians of golf art, libraries
About the Publisher: Tri-Horn International is a publisher of quality golf & outdoor books.